The Roaring Motors - International Trackmania Forever Team
The Roaring Motors Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Welcome 
Welcome Guest to The Roaring Motors Forum! 
TRACKMANIA DRIVING GUIDE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Roaring Motors Forum Index :: The Pub :: RM School
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Hp3Sd
Fun Driver

Nation TM: india
Login TM: harshp.hp3
Male Pisces

PostPosted: Wed 27 Apr 2016 - 18:53    Post subject: TRACKMANIA DRIVING GUIDE. Reply with quote

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Suprisingly, basic driving skills are needed to become a succesful driver in Trackmania. Some of these skills are very obvious, however some are overlooked. Lets start obvious.

Accelerate as much as possible
Yep, that is a tip. To get a really fast time, you want to make your car go as fast as possible (that is true), which means using the width of the track. If you’re going round a corner and you have space on the side of the car furthest away from the corner after completing it, you could have done the corner at a higher speed. However, sometimes taking a much closer to the line can be faster, depending on the next corner (this will be covered in later chapters). Trackmania driving does not reflect driving in reality; as you can also accelerate at the same time you are braking, which is quicker than just braking, so use it as much as possible (covered in depth later).

Keep 4 wheels on the ground as much as possible
Due to your car being 4 wheel drive, you want to keep as many wheels on the ground at all time; which allows for more acceleration. This applies to certain large areas of driving in Trackmania. Firstly, a suprising amount of tracks have a downhill after the start of the track. Instead of going straight down the hill like most players will, you go down the hill at a sharp angle. (NOTE: this only really works when there is a downhill straight after the start).
As you approach the crest of the downhill, sharply turn left or right (depending on where you need to end up at the bottom of the hill). This causes your car to stay with 4 wheels on the for after going over the crest of the downhill. Just after going over the crest of the hill on roughly a 45degree angle, you want to sharply turn the opposite way to align your car straight again. This should happen around halfway down the hill and so you still have time to turn in the direction that you need to go.
This tactic can also be implemented when going at a higher speed down less steep hills. However you will not have to turn as sharply as the drop is not as steep. This can also be implemented uphill, although it is a hell of a lot harder! (trust me.)
Another technique that i will go over very briefly (because it is very hard, and makes a tiny difference) is landing on 2 wheels earlier than you would land on 4. For example, after going over a ramp, you would slightly miss the end of the ramp with your front right wheel (for example, it could be your left). This causes your car to stay at the same speed over the jump, however because it is now tipping in the air, will land earlier than if you completed the jump normally. This means your wheels will land earlier, therefore give you more acceleration than normal.
HOWEVER: This technique is not used very much throughout Trackmania, as it is very risky; you can recieve some dodgy landings and slow down LOADS; and is not very consistent and so you only really see it on VeryShort maps as you can just keep trying again very quickly

Cut Corners
As obvious as this may sound, the tighter you go round corners, the faster time you will probably get (assuming you can maintain a decent speed). On FullSpeed maps, cutting corners (and not skidding) is what will get you a really fast time; as well as holding down accelerate..
Cutting corners with drifting will explained in detail further on when i have the finger power to type enough letters to get my point across. And less of this random typing stuff.

ANYWAY, that pretty much covers basic driving, basic drifting next !!!
Chevalier
Leader
Leader

Nation TM: Luxembourg
Login TM: chevalier_xiv
Login TM²: chevalier
Male Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 00:57    Post subject: TRACKMANIA DRIVING GUIDE. Reply with quote

https://bengaming.wordpress.com/trackmania-driving-guide/

nice copy/paste   

Okay      
Hp3Sd
Fun Driver

Nation TM: india
Login TM: harshp.hp3
Male Pisces

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr 2016 - 09:05    Post subject: TRACKMANIA DRIVING GUIDE. Reply with quote

actually I was reading this yesterday so I thought its nice and I should share IT on the forum so I posted it chev.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 04:22    Post subject: TRACKMANIA DRIVING GUIDE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Roaring Motors Forum Index :: The Pub :: RM School All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation